Make your house more cosy, insulated & reduce costs
New National Retrofit programme launched today with increased
• Home Energy Upgrade Scheme increased grant levels of up to 50% of the cost of a typical deep retrofit to a B2 BER standard (up from 30%-35% grants currently)
• One Stop Shops to offer a hassle-free, start-to-finish project management service, including access to financing, for home energy upgrades
• Warmer Homes Scheme - A significant increase in the number of free energy upgrades for those at risk of energy poverty (400 per month – up from an average of 177 per month in 2021)
• A special enhanced grant rate, equivalent to 80% of the typical cost, for attic and cavity wall insulation for all households, to urgently reduce energy use as part of the Government’s response to current exceptionally high energy prices
• Investment of €8 billion to 2030 will enable the supply chain to scale up, creating thousands of high quality jobs. Focus on upskilling people in the retrofitting area.