- I will work to support the development of craft and cottage industries and support start-ups/ entrepreneurs especially in the spin-offs in eco-tourism. Families are looking at ways to supplement existing incomes and people wish to support local enterprise and community activities. e.g. accommodation, catering, farm to fork, market stalls, crafts,
- I will work to build access to broadband in our region to allow for people to work from home. More companies are providing flexible working hours where possible to allow people to work from home however we need access in rural areas. Excellent online access means our entrepreneurs can access markets working from their own homes.
- I will work to develop 3rd level CPD accredited courses in Galway/Roscommon linked to Institute of Technology in areas identified as skills gaps to attract next generation industry to towns such as Ballinasloe etc. Particularly biomedical/ electrical engineering, software and digital skills
- I will work to develop dynamic co-working hotspots in our towns to drive innovation and creativity in our entrepreneurs and build a support network. I will develop the Grow Remote Programme.
- In order to attract companies in the medtech and healthcare areas, we need to develop our skillsets and in particular areas identified as skills gaps. I will work with educational partners to provide access to 3rd level accredited engineering and technical courses.