2023 CLÁR Programme launches today
Great news my colleague Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, has announced almost €8 million for community and sports facilities nationwide | 2023 #CLÁR Programme.
• 2023 CLÁR Programme will deliver hundreds of projects nationwide
• Grants for #community and #sports facilities, youth clubs, playgrounds, sensory gardens, walking tracks and more
• Upgrades to spectator stands at local #GAA and sports clubs to be funded for first time
• Supports also for Cancer Care Transport, Community First Responders and our offshore islands
The funding, under the 2023 CLÁR Programme, will support hundreds of projects with a particular focus on areas that have experienced significant levels of population decline.
Under the initiative, grants of up to €50,000 will be provided to support the development of community and sports facilities, youth clubs, playgrounds, sensory gardens, walking tracks and much more.
And for the first time under the CLÁR Programme, funding will be provided to carry out upgrades and improvements to spectator stands at local GAA and sports clubs.
There will be specific measures to support Cancer Care Transport, Community First Responders as well as our offshore island communities.
• Measure 1 - Community Facilities and Amenities will be administered by the local authorities in consultation with local communities.
• Measure 2 - Mobility, Cancer Care and Community First Responders Transport.
• Measure 3 – Our Islands will be administered directly by the Department.